- Who we are
- What type of information we collect and how we collect it
- Voluntarily supplied information
- Automatically tracked information
- What we do with the information we collect
- What rights you have over your data
- Your data protection rights
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authority
Who we are
Hidden By Things, found at https://www.hiddenbythings.com (“the Site”).
What type of information we collect and how we collect it
Voluntarily supplied information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have signed up to our mailing list.
- You have submitted a story via the contact form
HBT collects and processes the following voluntarily supplied information:
- We collect your name and email address when subscribing to our mailing list.
- We collect your name, postal address and email address when you submit a story, along with the details of the story itself and a photo of the item.
Automatically tracked information
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like tracking analytics.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What we do with the information we collect
We only collect and use personal data for the sole purpose it was intended for.
When subscribing to our site, we collect your email address and use this to send you updates and subscriber emails from the hiddenbythings.com domain only.
When you submit your postal address, this will only be used to send your Hidden By Things label.
If you have asked us to share your story anonymously, we will still keep your name on file for our records.
By submitting your name, item story, item photo and item description to our database, you consent to us using this submission indefinitely in relation to the project – including, but not limited to, sharing the story on our website and using your submission on our social media. You can amend or withdraw your submission at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside of the uses mentioned above, we do not share any information received from our users with any other organisations or individuals except for secure third parties who help us provide our services to you, and partners and funder who need access to our data for monitoring purposes.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information is Consent.
By providing your personal details, you are consenting for us to process your personal data for the sole purpose of sharing your story. We will share this in the manner you have requested. We may share your details with partners and funders for the purpose of data monitoring. You are not consenting for your details to be used for any other purpose, or sold to another individual or organisation.
You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
What rights you have over your data
What rights you have over your data
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact the appropriate authority
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/